Our programs focused on basic & transitional needs in times of crisis are:
- The Alabama Kidney Foundation's "Patient Assistance Program" - Individuals with kidney disease receive financial assistance to meet basic needs, and transportation assistance to critical services. Also raises community awareness through educational information about this chronic disease.
- The American Red Cross's "Service to the Armed Forces" - Educates and provides services to active duty military personnel as they plan for, cope with, and resolve crisis situations.
- The American Red Cross's "Single Family Fire Program" - Stabilizes families and individuals in crisis after a house fire, reduces family stress, and helps begin the recovery process.
- Catholic Center of Concern's "Emergency Financial Assistance" - Fosters financial stability for families in danger of losing housing, critical medications, clothing, baby essentials, or utility services due to emergency situations.
- Christmas Charities Year Round's "Emergency Economic Services & Emergency Services" - Provides immediate and transitional basic necessities to families year-round, provides toys and food during holidays at no cost. Resources include: clothes, shoes, household items, school supplies, and uniforms.
- Family Services Center's Living in Family Transition (LIFT) Housing" - Connecting individuals in need with quality, affordable, transitional housing, with intensive case management to help them reach the next level of financial stability.
- Manna House's "Personal Emergency Resources for Kids in Schools (PERKS)" - Provides healthy, kid-friendly and ready-to-eat weekend backpacks of food each Friday afternoon for children who have inadequate amounts of food available to them while not in school.
- The Salvation Army's "Extended Stay" - Provides safe and clean group housing for up to six months and assists extended stay clients in securing long-term housing and employment.